Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
This is something hosted by Should be Reading and I thought I’ll give it a shot !
Describe one of your reading habits.
I don’t know if this is exactly a “reading habit” but one habit I do have with respect to books is signing on the front page. Its almost like a compulsion – as soon as I get the book, I have to sign my name, the date, what the occasion is, was it a gift, why I chose to buy it, where I bought it from, etc. etc. Until I do this, I don’t start reading at all.
I know where I get it from though – my parents ! The very first book I read in my life is signed by my mother – she has put my name on top and written “your first BIG book” below my name and its one of my most prized possessions. My father actually writes his favourite quotes on the front pages !
How about you ? Do you enjoy signing your books as much as I do ?
Make sure you leave a comment – either your take on this or a link to your own Musing Mondays post ! 🙂
You can view all of my Musing Mondays posts here.